Since Belle is now both Belle and Lacey, how do you think Lacey would've reacted in a fight and how do you think Belle would react in a fight with Zelena?
Lacey’s a straight-forward girl who doesn’t mind using magic, so I think her plan would be something like this:
- Bug Regina into helping her find a magical object/method to kill Zelena
- Use said object/method to kill Zelena, price be damned
- Whack Zelena’s corpse upside the head with a pool stick
- Drink some whiskey, snog her sparkly boyfriend
Belle, on the other hand, isn’t magical. The only time Belle has a magical bone in her body is when Rumple … but never mind. I think Belle would “fight” Zelena using her brain.
How I’d Like to See Belle Best Zelena (But It Probably Won’t Happen):
- Use Regina and Emma as a giant magical distraction so Belle and Robin Hood can steal the dagger
- Belle uses the dwarves/Regina to create a fake magical dagger and uses a three-card ‘find the lady’ sleight-of-hand with Robin Hood to swap Rumple’s dagger for the fake
- Belle bluffs Zelena into giving up the dagger in exchange for a “time-reversing” magical object from Gold’s shop … that turns out to be a glorified letter opener or something equally innocuous.
- Belle gets Regina to temporarily turn Belle into Cora— Belle psychs Zelena into giving up the dagger
- Belle offers Zelena a magical ingredient needed for Zelena to cast her curse … except it’s actually poison/fairy-dust
- Belle tries to “hide” Pan’s Magic-B-Gone leather cuff, which of course ensures that Zelena steals it and puts it on, thinking it’s a powerful magical object
I think the writers are going more with Regina and Emma combining forces like Voltron to put the magical smack-down on Zelena, but a girl can hope.
How do you guys think Belle would fight Zelena?
Actually, neither Belle or Lacey are magical, but neither have issues with magic being used. The main difference is that Belle wouldn’t approve of magic (or any method) being used to hurt people. Belle has used magic at least twice. Once with the fairy dust to restore Philip and the second time was raising the protection spell over storybrooke. She would be willing to use magic again.
I’m not sure how Belle could or will best Zelena. Stealing the dagger seems the first choice, but Zelena always seems to have it with her. It doesn’t matter how many distractions Regina or Emma could bring, Zelena with the dagger can just call Rumple and everyone is in trouble.
I can’t see Zelena parting with the dagger in a bargain, unless she was actually going to cast the time changing curse two seconds later. Otherwise, having Rumple, Emma, and Regina all against her would not be in her favor. Also, if Belle had a magical device or ingredient that Zelena needed, Zelena could just kill Belle to get it.
If Belle could get her hands on squid ink, she could freeze Zelena and take the dagger. Fairy dust might work, although it is doubtful (it worked once on Regina but when she was less powerful).
Belle would definitely try TL kiss if given the chance.